Pageviews from the past week

Monday 18 February 2013

Cobblestones



















By day, I am many things,

Overcrowded molars,
chewing rubber gum.

Grand piano keys
washboard melodies

Drum-drumming fingers,
to savour nights' crumb

I yearn for the spark of a clog
Or the nudge of a log,
dropped from a high-stacked waggon.

I crave the squeal of a steel rimmed wheel
passing the 'George and Dragon.'

At night I dream
of bustling streets
when my repertoire was full
of sounds without insulation.

Naked sounds
raw sounds 
smash on the floor sounds
felt in close proximity.

Road works offer some relief
when I'm teased out with giant tooth picks
or flossed with high pressure hoses.

It’s only then that I can truly breathe,
and sense
and listen..........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.